Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu
Alternative Text Alternative Text Alternative Text Alternative Text
Survivor of US Drone Attack:
Obama Belongs on List of World's Tyrants

Poisoning Black Cities: Corporate Campaign to Ethnically Cleanse US Cities Massive Marches in Poland
Against Authoritarian Threat of Far-Right
Ethiopia’s Invisible Crisis: Land Rights Activists Kidnapped and Tortured

Global Perspectives Now Global Perspectives Now

Donald Trump Says 'All He Had' When He Started Out — Was a Million Dollar Loan from his KKK Father

The corporate media went on and on about Barack Obama's birth certificate and his Kenyan father, but quickly moved on from Donald Trump's Ku Klux Klan father.

Fred Trump: The father of Donald Trump was arrested for brawling with police at a Ku Klux Klan rally.
Fred Trump: The father of Donald Trump was arrested for brawling with police at a Ku Klux Klan rally.

By Jose A. DelReal
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump struck an introspective tone Monday, talking about his road to becoming a real estate mogul -- an empire he built with just a "small loan of $1 million."
RELATED STORY: Trump's Dad Was Arrested In 1927 Ku Klux Klan Brawl With Police
"My whole life really has been a 'no' and I fought through it. I talk about it. It has not been easy for me. It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of $1 million," he said Monday during a New Hampshire town hall broadcast by NBC's "Today" Monday.
RELATED STORY: Donald Trump Says He'd 'Stay Silent' If A Supporter Opposed Black People
He added: "I came into Manhattan and I had to pay him back -- I had to pay him back with interest. I was always told that that would never work."
RELATED STORY: Donald Trump confirms, then denies, father's arrest at Klan rally
Trump spoke about his decision to start a real estate business in Manhattan -- saying his father, who had a real estate business based in Brooklyn and Queens, discouraged the move. "He said, 'Don't go to Manhattan, that's not our territory.' But he was very proud of me," Trump said.
RELATED STORY: Donald Trump's Staff Knew He Was A Racist — Always Hid His Black Workers When He Came Around
Town hall moderator Matt Lauer pressed back on Trump's comment, pointing out that a million dollar loan is something most Americans can only dream of -- not a rags-to-riches story.
RELATED STORY: Donald Trump Rally Has People Yelling 'White Power!' (Video)
"Let's just put this in perspective: you said it hasn't been easy for you, '...but my dad gave me a million dollar loan.'" Lauer said. "That probably is going to seem pretty easy to a lot of people."

Read More

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...