The man who attempted to kill a car-load of police officers was known to have anti-government views: Doesn't that make him a terrorist? — Guess he wasn't an Arab or a Muslim—Ronald David Jackson
Florida Deputies Kill 'Sovereign Citizen' After Ambush in Florida
Sheriff's deputies in Florida shot and killed a man described as having anti-government views Sunday, after the suspect allegedly opened fire on a sport utility vehicle full of law-enforcement officers, the sheriff's office said.
|'Sovereign Citizen' Joseph Paffen.|
The Orange County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday identified the gunman as Joseph Paffen, 46.
Paffen allegedly opened fire on a vehicle with four deputies inside as they responded to a call for a domestic incident involving Paffen at a Publix grocery store in Orlando at 5:18 p.m. Sunday, and the officers returned fire, killing him, the sheriff's office said.
- When This White Cop Hater Ambushed Two Police Officers: The Killer Glorified as a 'Self-Styled Cold War Soldier'
- New York Police Brand Hatchet Attack 'Terrorist' Act — After All, The Attacker Recently Converted To Islam: But Those Christians Who Attack Police? — Nope
- When These Two White Supremacist Ambushed and Killed Two Cops In Los Vegas Earlier This Year — The Police Unions, Fox News and Other Bigots Were Silent
- How Fox News Picks and Chooses Who Gets Labeled a 'Terrorist' — If You're White and Christian You Can't Be A Terrorist
- Many Terror Attacks in America Are Committed by Right-Wingers — And CNN is Afraid to Say So
- White-Washing White Terrorism: The Jewish Community Center Shootings — Media and Authorities Didn't Dare Call it a Terrorist Attack
- Is Big Media Covering Up White Terrorism?: National Guardsman Found With 48 Bombs and Blueprints For A Military Facility
- Little Coverage of the "Wrong" Sort of Terror
One deputy was shot in the leg and another was hurt by flying glass as bullets crashed into the SUV. Deputies told NBC station WESH that Paffen identified as a "sovereign citizen." "It means that in many regards, they do not recognize the existing government," Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings told the station.